[FLASH-USERS] Problem with h5_wrappers, idl 6.2

Lia Corrales lia at astro.columbia.edu
Wed Nov 7 13:40:38 EST 2007

Hi!  I am new to flash and working through some of the example problems.
I am using Flash2.3.  I configured the h5_wrappers appropriately, and
xflash ran just fine in idl, until I ran the example "orbit" problem.
When I try to make a plot, I get the following error:

% XMANAGER: Caught unexpected error from client application. Message
follows...
% CALL_EXTERNAL: Error loading sharable executable.
                 Symbol: get_numProps, File = h5_wrappers.so
                 h5_wrappers.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

I did not run into problems like this with other examples like sedov or
isentropic_vortex.  I found that get_numProps is provided by the
h5_wrappers.c code, but can't figure out why it fails.  I am working on
a system that has IDL 6.2 and a recent version of HDF5.

If anyone has had this problem and can help me out, thank you!
- Lia -