[FLASH-USERS] Changing Gamma (eos)

Anshu Dubey dubey at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 21 12:00:01 EDT 2008

Hi Seyit,

This feature is not a part of FLASH default behavior. If you are using
FLASH3 then you have two options. The value of gamma in Eos is carried
in a variable called eos_gamma, which is defined in the data module for
the Eos unit, in file "source/physics/Eos/EosMain/Eos_data.F90". Normally
this variable is initialized in Eos_init, and then used in "Eos.F90".
Your first and simplest option is to add a line
at the beginning of "Eos.F90" to update the eos_gamma value at each time
step. You can fetch the value of dt by calling the function
"Driver_getDt".  If you need time dependent gamma for only one
setup, then the better option is to place a copy of Eos.F90 in the
simulation directory and modify that file as described above. That way
you won't have to worry about the source tree when you get later
versions of FLASH.

Anshu