[FLASH-USERS] Refinement and Derefinement Criteria

Robert Fisher rfisher at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 23 13:46:47 EDT 2008

Hi Seyit :

   What criterion one chooses to refine an adaptive mesh depends crucially
upon what physics one is simulating, and what scientific questions one is
seeking to address. There is no single silver bullet here -- while it is
clearly advisable to fully resolve all characteristic length scales
throughout all space and time in the problem under consideration, you will
need to critically assess the tradeoff of what additional information
is learned with the added cost of the simulation.

   Best wishes,

   Bob