[FLASH-USERS] Big Problem??

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 18 15:48:32 EDT 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Seyit Hocuk wrote:

> Anyway, after these, there were no other errors showing up when debugging, so
> the code is a-ok also for our own setup. No uninitialized parameters. We
> downloaded the latest compilers of ifort (10.1.012 / 015 / 017) and tried
> them each. The difference between ifort 8.0 and 10.1 seems huge even on the
> same machine! Refinement is very different even for normal jeans setup. The
> differences became very small when we reduced the boxsize just to check.
> Normally I use boxsize of 8.0E19, when we tried 8.0E9 (mind you its 10 orders
> of magnitude less), the differences were minimal.

Seyit,

I note that setups/jeans/ref_marking.F90 has a hardwirded "small number"
here:

                      do kk = 1, ndim2
                         num = num + delu2(kk)**2
                         denom = denom + (delu3(kk) + &
      &                       (epsil*delu4(kk)+1.e-20))**2
                      end do

Maybe that has something to do with the dependence of your results on
box sizes?  You may want to try if changing that number to something
many orders of magnitude different changes your findings.