[FLASH-USERS] how to Implement Isothermal EOS

Kevin Olson Kevin.M.Olson at drexel.edu
Thu Feb 7 09:18:30 EST 2008

I have implemented both things Tomasz suggested and they seem to work
fine.
The easiest is to set gamma = 1.01 or so (too much smaller and things
are unstable)
or to simply add a cooling/heating term that keeps the temperature
fixed.  The riemann solver does not need to be modified for either of
these approaches since you are still using the same EOS.

Kevin Olson