[FLASH-USERS] bug output at test setup Sedov

Diederik Kruijssen kruijssen at astro.uu.nl
Thu Jan 10 10:25:20 EST 2008

Hi,

I am experiencing difficulties very early on when installing
Flash3.0beta on my Mac PowerBook G4, with MPICH2v1.0.5 and HDF5v1.6.6.
When setting up for the Sedov blast wave test problem, it gives the
following output:

===============================
Processing Shortcut file:
/Users/Diederik/Documents/work/FLASH3.0_beta/bin/setup_shortcuts.txt
checking for needed files and directories

A setup internal error has occured, if possible please email the
following
debugging info to flash-bugs at flash.uchicago.edu
Arguments: ['/Users/Diederik/Documents/work/FLASH3.0_beta/bin/
setup.py', 'Sedov', '-auto']
Python Version: 2.3.5
Platform Details: darwin
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/Diederik/Documents/work/FLASH3.0_beta/bin/setup.py",
line 232, in ?
     main()
   File "/Users/Diederik/Documents/work/FLASH3.0_beta/bin/setup.py",
line 49, in main
     machDir = determineMachine()
   File "/Users/Diederik/Documents/work/FLASH3.0_beta/bin/utils.py",
line 154, in determineMachine
     hostname = getHostName(siteDir)
   File "/Users/Diederik/Documents/work/FLASH3.0_beta/bin/utils.py",
line 76, in getHostName
     temp = socket.gethostbyaddr(socket.gethostname())
socket.herror: (1, 'Unknown host')

Of this, only the first two lines are as they should be. It appears
setup can't find the hostname, but if this is true, how should it be
fixed?
It requests to send an email to flash-bugs, but since only developers
are members of that list, I'm trying it this way.

Thank you very much for your help in advance,

Sincerely,

Diederik Kruijssen