[FLASH-USERS] Problem in solving jenas instability for spherical geometry using FLASH2.5

M.A. Latife latife at astro.rug.nl
Mon Jan 14 11:34:57 EST 2008

Hi
Dear all,
Hope you will be fine and enjoying good health.
I have very basic questions.
1)i am trying to solve the jeans instability problem for spherical
geometryusing FLASH 2.5. when i run this problem for one dimensional
spherical geometry it gives the following error
conditons for this problem are given below
./setup testsph -1d -auto result success
make result success
cd object
./flash2
 WARNING: desired timestep < dtmin, using dtmin
      24 1.4911E-01 1.0000E-08 |  0.000E+00

 abort_flash called. See log file for details.
 Calling MPI_Abort() for immediate shutdown!

[0] MPI Abort by user Aborting program !
[0] Aborting program!
p0_18386:  p4_error: : 1
in log file there is following error
abort_message: FATAL:  find_center_of_mass:  Mtot = 0
can  any body tell me why its is happening?
2) My second question is when i run it for two dimensional spherical
goemetry. For  this case when i choose  r=1.5 cm  there is more  density
along the boundaries of circle (2-d spherical geometry. when i choose r=
100 cm there is high density on centre in form of peak but difference
between maximum density and  minimum density  is small(like max
den=4.3*10^7 and min 9.9*10^6, while inital density is 1.5*10^7, for
cartesian coordinates max den=1.1*10^8,  min 7.5*10^5, while inital
density is 1.5*10^7). Intial conditions for problem are given below.
Can any one help me in this regard? I am not good user of FLASH,  trying
to learn the FLASH.
For two dimensional sperical geometry i am expcting centre collapse

p0                             =  1.5E0
 rho0                           =  1.5E7
 lambdax                        =  5.0  kx=2pi/lambdax
 lambday                        =  1.E10 ky=2pi/lambday
 lambdaz                        =  1.E10 kz=2pi/lambdaz
 amplitude                      =  0.001
  Computational domain

 xmin                           = 0.0
 xmax                           = 1.0E2
 ymin                           =-1.0
 ymax                           = 1.0
 zmin                           =  0.
 zmax                           = 0.

 geometry                       = "spherical"

 xl_boundary_type               = "reflect"
 xr_boundary_type               = "periodic"
 yl_boundary_type               = "periodic"
 yr_boundary_type               = "periodic"
 zl_boundary_type               =  "periodic"
 zr_boundary_type               =  "periodic"
nblockx                        =  2
 nblocky                        =  2
dtini                          =  1.0E-5
 dtmin                          =  1.0E-8
 dtmax                          =  1.0E-2
 Gravity

 igrav                          =  1
 grav_boundary_type             = "isolated"
    mpole_lmax               = 0.0
rho=rho0(1+amplitude(cos(krcos(theta)+krsin(theta)))
p=p0(1+gamma*amplitude(cos(krcos(theta)+krsin(theta)))
kj=sqrt(4*pi*G*rho0)/c0
c0=sqrt(gamma*p0/rho0)

I will be very thankful to you for ur kind help in this regard
thanks in advance
cheers
M.A.Latife