[FLASH-USERS] Problem in installing Flash View

Sean Couch smc at astro.as.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 29 11:59:30 EST 2008

Hi Randy,

I have been trying to get VisIt to work on my institutions Linux
cluster for a while now and have been running into problems.  Does any
one have experience setting up VisIt to work in parallel on Linux
clusters using the LSF qsub system?

We have been successful in compiling and running VisIt in parallel but
the interaction with the batch job system is shaky.  The only way I
can successfully start multiple parallel compute engines is to
(accidentally) use processors on the login node, where the mdserver is
running.  This is, of course, not a good solution, so the system
administrators have told me...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean Couch

Sean M. Couch