[FLASH-USERS] Problem in installing Flash View

Brad Gallagher jbgallag at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 29 14:45:28 EST 2008

M.A. ,

The "hssize_t" type was deprecated sometime in the hdf5 1.6.x series,
so one way to fix this would be to edit flashhdf5.C and change all
types of "hssize_t" to "hsize_t" , this should allow FlashView to
compile against a 1.6.x hdf5 library. I'll look into getting this
changed in the release distribution. Thanks for pointing this out and
please let us know if you still have problems.

--Brad