[FLASH-USERS] problem in initializing more than 2GB pr CPU

Tomasz Plewa tomek at scs.fsu.edu
Thu Jul 24 10:00:08 EDT 2008

Latif -

I have managed to build an executable for sedov 3d with 16^3 blocks with
intel 10.1, -mcmodel=medium and -shared-intel, following Chris'
suggestion. I did not include an io module as I do not have hdf5 build
for a non-default mcmodel.

For 2,000 blocks the executable is about 4.8 GB in size. Even for 1,000
blocks it is still 2.4 GB. The memory demand would increase still more
if hdf5 is added.

I doubt you can efficiently use any of those execs on your system. I
expect lots of swapping action.

Tomek