[FLASH-USERS] Big Problem??

Nathan Hearn nhearn at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 30 10:05:50 EDT 2008

Hi Seyit,

    Forgive me if I am asking a question that has already been
addressed, but is it possible that there are uninitialized variables
that are being used in your code?  It is certainly possible that they
could yield different results with each change in compiler, library
version, and optimization level.

    If you haven't done so already, you might want to look through the
output of your first checkpoint file (using hdfview or h5dump) to see
if any of the datasets have unexpected values.  You could also see if
your compiler has an option to automatically initialize variables when
Flash is run (this should not be used to fix the problem, but rather,
to expose it); if possible, see if you can automatically initialize
all floating point data to NaN.

- Nathan