[FLASH-USERS] Problem with Compiling Flash3.0

Nathan Hearn nhearn at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 3 13:10:35 EDT 2008

Hi Seyit,

    Looking at the compiler output that you showed, I don't see any
warnings.  The "remark" statements that you see are just the Intel
compiler's way of declaring that it produced vectorized (SSE2+) code
for some of the loops.  (The compiler is apparently very happy when
this happens...)  But yes, there is certainly a problem at runtime.

    I noticed that you are using fairly aggressive optimizations
(i.e., the "-fast -ipo" flags in FFLAGS_OPT).  Have you tested the
code without optimizations?  (Running setup with the -debug flag will
result in the FFLAGS_DEBUG options being used instead of FFLAGS_OPT.)

- Nathan