[FLASH-USERS] Problem with Compiling Flash3.0

Chris Daley cdaley at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Jun 4 13:14:02 EDT 2008

Hi Seyit,

Is the failure happening when you run using one processor also?

For one processor, an easy way to determine which line is causing the
crash is to use gdb.

 From console type:  gdb flash3
Run the code by typing: r
When code crashes type: bt
This generates a stack backtrace which, now we have compiled in 'debug'
mode,
will tell you where the problem occurred with line level detail.

(For parallel debugging, type: mpirun -np x -gdb flash3).

Or, if you have a core file type: gdb -c corefile flash3
Once again type: bt

Finally, please ensure that FFLAGS_DEBUG in Makefile.h includes the -g
flag.  This
is what gives us the line level detail.

Regards,
Chris