[FLASH-USERS] wrong ndim - compiler issues

turcotte turcotte at apollo.ubishops.ca
Wed Jun 18 14:31:48 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I am having issues with Flash3.0 since a system "upgrade" on the computer on
which it runs.

The most recent one is that the "ndim" written out in the HDF5 files
is not 1 or 2 depending on the problem but always 3.

Using fidlr3.0, H5S_GET_SIMPLE_EXTENT_DIMS(dataspace) will give me a
 dims[0]=3 even for a 1-D or 2-D problem (for checkpoint and plotting files)
I have looked around io_writedata.F90 but found all variables including NDIM
to be reasonable.

This happens if I run the sedov test with the -debug option or my own problem.

So, has anyone had problems using the 64bit intel fortran compiler? flags to set
or to avoid?
And where exactly is the dimension written out to the chk or plt files?

Sylvain

Sylvain Turcotte
Physics Department    turcotte at apollo.ubishops.ca
Bishop's University   tel: (819) 822-9600 x 2287
Lennoxville (Quebec)  fax: (819) 822-9661
Canada  J1M 1Z7       office: J 11B