[FLASH-USERS] possible I/O functions in FLASH3?

Tomasz Plewa tomek at scs.fsu.edu
Fri Jun 20 12:31:27 EDT 2008

At the moment there is no support in VisIt for *downloading* data for
particular physical or logical region of the computational box. Once
the data are in,  however, it can be decimated and sliced.

Tomek
--
School of Computational Science, DSL 443       ph:  850.644.1959
Florida State University                       fax: 850.644.0098

Paul M. Rich wrote:

> Shikui,
>
> At this point, there are no such interfaces in FLASH3.  Usually when we
> have selected regions or selected particular refinement levels, we have
> done this in the post-processing of the run results.  If you are just
> looking to visualize data at a particular refinement and/or in a
> particular region, the current version of VisIT is capable of selecting
> regions and I believe it is capable of selecting a particular
> refinement level. Paul
>
> Shikui Tang wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   I am just wondering whether there are I/O interfaces in FLASH3
>> which are able to write out blocks with certain refinement level or
>>  within some specified regions ONLY?  I look through the I/O module
>>  but did not find any. If somebody happens to have implemented them
>>  already. would you let me know? Thanks a lot!
>>
>> Bests,
>> Shikui

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.