[FLASH-USERS] Where to compile new programs and modules in FLASH

Lynn Reid lynnreid at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Mar 26 17:31:24 EDT 2008

Hi Suzanne:

I agree with Nathan that the easiest way to make modifications to a
setup is to work within the setups/simulation directory -- this is true
within FLASH2.? or FLASH3.

I would STRONGLY encourage you to work with FLASH3 if you are going to
make more lasting modifications to a nuclear network -- for example, if
you want to use your modifications in other simulations. The nuclear
burning routines have been extensively reorganized in FLASH3 and
hopefully their layout will be much easier to use. The aprox13 module
exists in FLASH3 as physics/sourceTerms/Burn/BurnMain/Aprox13. Let us
know if you want any assistance with the transition from FLASH2.5 to FLASH3.

Lynn

--
Dr. Lynn B. Reid, Scientific Programmer
ASC Center for Astrophysical Thermonuclear Flashes