[FLASH-USERS] Problem with Fidlr3.0

James Guillochon jfg at ucolick.org
Tue May 6 19:56:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to use the loaddata routine in fidlr3, and I get the
following error message when I try to load data sets that are above
~50mb per variable in size:

% Array dimensions must be greater than 0.
% Execution halted at: READ_AMR          409
/FLASH3.0/tools/fidlr3.0/read_amr.pro
%                      LOADDATA           56
/FLASH3.0/tools/fidlr3.0/loaddata.pro

The segment of code it refers to is the following:
    404   ;***********coordinates**************
    405   dataset = H5D_OPEN(file_identifier, "coordinates")
    406   dataspace = H5D_GET_SPACE(dataset)
    407   H5S_SELECT_HYPERSLAB, dataspace, start_2d, count_2d,
STRIDE=stride_2d, /RESET
    408   memspace = H5S_CREATE_SIMPLE(count_2d)
    409   coord = H5D_READ(dataset, FILE_SPACE=dataspace,
MEMORY_SPACE=memspace)
    410   H5D_CLOSE, dataset
    411   H5S_CLOSE, memspace
    412   H5S_CLOSE, dataspace

I have checked and the dataset, dataspace, and memspace variables have
reasonable values. This bug does not occur if the dump file I am reading
from is small enough in size. I am using IDL 7.0, have HDF5 1.8.0
installed, and FLASH 3.0. I have tried downgrading to HDF5 1.6.7 and
also tried IDL 6.3 on another machine but that didn't solve the problem.
Any ideas guys?

--
James Guillochon
Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics