[FLASH-USERS] Burn and MA28 Fix

James Guillochon jfg at ucolick.org
Wed Nov 19 11:50:57 EST 2008

Hi guys,

So I had been getting singularity errors in the MA28 library when using
the Burn unit in Flash 3.1. Then I realized the issue: The Makefile for
the MA28 library does not use the same fortran flag variables as the
main Makefile.h specifies (FFLAGS_OPT, etc), and was being compiled (by
default) without 64-bit arithmetic. I just copied the flags in
FFLAGS_OPT from my site-specific Makefile.h (which includes -r8 and
-real_size 64) into the MA28 Makefile, and now I get no more errors.

So I think that future releases should alter the MA28 Makefile such that
the compile rule for .F90 files includes these flags, either by using
the supplied FFLAGS variables or by just appending them to rule directly.

--

James Guillochon
Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
jfg at ucolick.org