[FLASH-USERS] Filling Guard Cells in Burn

James Guillochon jfg at ucolick.org
Tue Oct 28 11:05:57 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

So I'm using the nuclearBurn unit (FLASH 3.0), and the
Grid_fillGuardCells routine at the top of Burn.F90 seems to be taking an
inordinate amount of time to run. My simulation has sporadic burning and
thus does not need the network to run at every time step, but the
fillGuardCells routine is taking most of the processing time even with T
<< nuclearTempMin!

The question is: Do I have to fill the guard cells if the temperature
criteria for burning isn't met? Is there some reason the fillGuardCells
routine is taking so long in this context?

Thanks!

--

James Guillochon
Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics