[FLASH-USERS] Strange abort condition with Particles

Josef Stöckl josef.stoeckl at uibk.ac.at
Wed Oct 29 15:00:01 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'v migrated a simulation from FLASH 3.0 which uses active particles
with CIC mapping. I've changed the Config file to reflect the changes in
the particle unit (PARTICLETYPE active INITMETHOD CUSTOM MAPMETHOD
WEIGHTED) and everything compiles quite nicely.

At runtime however after reading in the particles files (256^3
particles), I get some "Error, we should not be here." as well as the
following abort message: "Shouldn't be here!".

I've found this message to originate from gr_ptFindNegh.F90 (line 487)
of the Grid/GridParticles/GridParticlesMapToMesh/Paramesh unit. I'm a
bit puzzled why this seems to happen, especially since commenting out
the abort and restoring the old gr_ptSearchBlk behaviour also leads to
other errors ("[gr_ptMoveMappedData]: timesInLoop >= gr_numProcs" and
"[gr_ptDumpState]: Metadata loop will not exit cleanly!" in the log).

I had another look at the Pancake example and checked if there were some
other differences in those routines compared to release 3.0, but didn't
find anything. Can anyone of you tell me or give me a clue as to why
this is happening?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Josef

PS: I included my simulation's Config file.