[FLASH-USERS] Vector field visualization with VISIT

John ZuHone zuhone at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 5 19:33:45 EDT 2008

Hello Mark,

It's actually fairly simple. Using the "Expressions..." item in the
"Controls..." menu, you can create a new variable of a vector type.
Just choose a name, choose "Vector Mesh Variable" from the "Type" drop-
down box, and then put the variable in this format in the "Definition":

{magx, magy, magz}

which creates a three-dimensional vector from the three scalar
components. You'll probably have to choose the variable names from
"Insert Variable" since they're not likely to be exactly magx, etc.
but some variant of those depending on your version of VisIt and
FLASH. This does work, though, as I use it to generate velocity
vectors from velx, vely, and velz.

Best,

John ZuHone