[FLASH-USERS] Altering Velocity Causes Anomalous Pressure

James Guillochon jfg at ucolick.org
Wed Sep 17 08:41:49 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I am altering the velocity of a couple of grid squares in my simulation
in the Driver_sourceTerms function at each time step, and after a couple
hundred steps I end up with a grid cell or two with a ridiculously high
pressure/density, which causes the Helmholtz EOS routine to not
converge. I was wondering if there are any other variables I should be
altering when I give these grid cells their new velocities? Or if there
is a better place in Flash to be adjusting the velocities than the
Driver_sourceTerms routine?

Thanks!

- James