[FLASH-USERS] Negative/zero densities and internal energies after filling gc

Seyit Hocuk seyit at astro.rug.nl
Thu Apr 9 05:53:06 EDT 2009

Thanks to everybody who replied.

To James, my problem seems to be related to your AMR prolong problem.

Klaus. I am very supprised you couldn't reproduce the problem. I
downloaded a clean version of Flash3.1.1a and only changed these runtime
parameters, without any other modification. You do keep lrefine_min = 4
I hope. Do you see any (partial) refinement happening, i.e. refined
total blocks = 277? As I am writing this, I realise I forgot 1 more
thing. I also reduced reference density to see partial refinement. So,
reference_density = 1.4E7.

To sum it up:
Clean version 3.1.1a
Jeans setup, only changing runtime parameters like this.
 > lrefine_max =  5
 > reference_density =  1.4E7
 > refine_cutoff_1 = 1.0

My setup was like this: ./setup Jeans -auto -portable -maxblocks=2000 &&
cd object && make -j 8 && ./flash3

If you or anybody else can't reproduce this error, then the problem is
possibly not in the code but in the environment.
Could anybody else try this out?

Thanks,
Seyit

Ross: I will try your modification as well. If I understand you
correctly, I have to put a call to Grid_getlistofblocks in
Driver_evolveFlash before source terms are called.