[FLASH-USERS] FLASH 3 tutorial

Anshu Dubey dubey at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 22 11:26:07 EDT 2009

Dear FLASH users,

The Flash Center is preparing to organize a tutorial for FLASH 3
at the University of Chicago. The tentative dates are June 16 and
17. The format of the tutorial will be a combination of presentations,
hands-on sessions and break-out sessions. The presentations are likely
to include the following :

1. Basic concepts such as parallel programming, AMR and
parallel IO.

2. Solvers distributed with the FLASH code.

3. Transition from FLASH 2 to FLASH 3.

4. Creating your own application and customizing the code.

5. Tools to analyze your results.

During the hands-on session the attendees will be given access to
the cluster here at the center where they can run either their
application, or one of the standard applications distributed with the
code. The members of the center will be available for assistance
throughout the session.

The break-out sessions will give the more advanced users a chance to
get their specific problems addressed, questions answered, and
discussions with like minded people.

Before finalizing the dates and the details, we'd like to gauge the
interest in the community. If you are interested and are likely to
attend the tutorial, please let us know at your earliest
convenience, and at the earliest by April 30. Without sufficient early
interest shown by people such as yourself, we may have to abort
the planned tutorial. We will make a formal announcement about the
tutorial May 4 2009.

The Flash Center.