[FLASH-USERS] about viscosity

Silvia@UCSC sverdoli at ucsc.edu
Thu Apr 30 10:36:36 EDT 2009

Dear Flash Users,

I am dealing with viscosity. With the aim of reproducing the analytic
results of Pringle, J. E. 1981, Ann. Rev. Astr. Ap., 19, 137 of the spread
of a disk due to the viscosity, I set a isobaric ring of material in 2d
polar coordinates, with an initial gaussian density profile, with a point
mass potential, outflow boundaries.
The constant viscosity module introduces an instability that is the opposite
of what expected.

What I would like to know is:

   - Is there a way to fix the viscosity in FLASH2.5? What am I doing wrong?
   - Has the viscosity been fixed already in FLASH3.1? Is it worth to
   switch?

Please email me for more details.

Waiting for an answer.

Best wishes,