[FLASH-USERS] No flash3 Executable File Found

Gary F Forjan gforjan at gmu.edu
Wed Aug 12 21:43:42 EDT 2009

Hello all

Hope you are having an enjoyable summer.  I recently downloaded FLASH3.2 and installed it on our SGI ALTIX ICE cluster.  I tried to compile and run the Sedov explosion example as a test.  After running the setup script, I moved to the object/ directory and typed gmake to build the executable (as described in the User's Guide).  I believe I have the correct compilers and library paths set in my Makefile.h since it compiles all of the source code files and I get a SUCCESS at the end of it.  Actually the last output lines are

ut_quadraticInterpol.o workspace.o -L /sw//lib -lhdf5
SUCCESS
gmake: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

But I cannot find the flash3 executable in the object/ directory - as if the link step did not occur.  I know I must be missing something basic but would anyone have an idea as to what might have happened.  I have included my Makefile.h file below in case it is of any help.  I am using an mpi wrapper for both the Intel fortran and cc compilers.  I note that this makefile did work with FLASH2.5 on the same system.

Thank you for any comments or suggestions.

Best regards,
Gary

Gary Forjan
Department of Computational and Data Sciences
George Mason University, Fairfax, Va
gforjan at gmu.edu

====================== MAKEFILE.H =============================

# FLASH makefile definitions for ix86 Linux (Portland Group compiler)

# note, in order to get pgprof to work properly, it was necessary to
# download a new version from ftp://ftp.pgroup.com/ that plays nicely
# with GNOME.

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Set the HDF/HDF5 library paths -- these need to be updated for your system
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#HDF4_PATH = /usr/local/hdf4
HDF4_PATH =
#HDF5_PATH = /opt/HDF5-1.4.2-patch1-serial/
HDF5_PATH = /sw/

ZLIB_PATH  =

PAPI_PATH  =
PAPI_FLAGS =

NCMPI_PATH =
MPE_PATH   =

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Compiler and linker commands
#
#   Use the MPICH wrappers around the compilers -- these will automatically
#   load the proper libraries and include files.  Version of MPICH prior
#   to 1.2.2 (?) do not recognize .F90 as a valid Fortran file extension.
#   You need to edit mpif90 and add .F90 to the test of filename extensions,
#   or upgrade your MPICH.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#FCOMP   = mpif90
FCOMP = mpiifort
CCOMP   = mpiicc
CPPCOMP = mpiiCC
#LINK    = mpif90
LINK = mpiifort
# pre-processor flag
PP      = -D

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Compilation flags
#
#  Three sets of compilation/linking flags are defined: one for optimized
#  code, one for testing, and one for debugging.  The default is to use the
#  _OPT version.  Specifying -debug to setup will pick the _DEBUG version,
#  these should enable bounds checking.  Specifying _TEST is used for
#  flash_test, and is set for quick code generation, and (sometimes)
#  profiling.  The Makefile generated by setup will assign the generic token
#  (ex. FFLAGS) to the proper set of flags (ex. FFLAGS_OPT).
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#FFLAGS_OPT = -c -fast -r8 -i4
FFLAGS_OPT = -c -r8 -i4
FFLAGS_DEBUG = -g -c -Mbounds -r8 -i4
FFLAGS_TEST = -c -r8 -i4 -fast -Mprof=lines

F90FLAGS =

CFLAGS_OPT = -O2  -c
CFLAGS_DEBUG = -g -c
CFLAGS_TEST = -c

# if we are using HDF5, we need to specify the path to the include files
CFLAGS_HDF5 = -I $(HDF5_PATH)/include

CFLAGS_NCMPI =

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Linker flags
#
#  There is a seperate version of the linker flags for each of the _OPT,
#  _DEBUG, and _TEST cases.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LFLAGS_OPT   = -o
LFLAGS_DEBUG = -g -o
LFLAGS_TEST  = -Mprof=lines -o

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Library specific linking
#
#  If a FLASH module has a 'LIBRARY xxx' line in its Config file, we need to
#  create a macro in this Makefile.h for LIB_xxx, which will be added to the
#  link line when FLASH is built.  This allows us to switch between different
#  (incompatible) libraries.  We also create a _OPT, _DEBUG, and _TEST
#  library macro to add any performance-minded libraries (like fast math),
#  depending on how FLASH was setup.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIB_OPT   =
LIB_DEBUG =
LIB_TEST  =

#LIB_HDF4  = -L $(HDF4_PATH)/lib -lmfhdf -ldf -ljpeg -lz
LIB_HDF4 =
LIB_HDF5  = -L $(HDF5_PATH)/lib -lhdf5

LIB_PAPI  =
LIB_MATH  = -ldfftw -ldrfftw

LIB_NCMPI =
LIB_MPE   =

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Additional machine-dependent object files
#
#  Add any machine specific files here -- they will be compiled and linked
#  when FLASH is built.
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MACHOBJ =

# Additional commands