[FLASH-USERS] force a derefinement?

Andrew Szymkowiak andrew.szymkowiak at yale.edu
Tue Dec 1 17:14:42 EST 2009

   I would like the later parts of a simulation to run at a lower
resolution.  I first thought I might just lower lrefine_max during a
restart, but got errors (with FLASH version 3.2) like

 ERROR in mpi_amr_1blk_guardcell : pe            2  working on
lb            1
  neigh            3           1           3  cannot find
surrblk            3, etc

Is there a way to get this to work?  Or a standalone utility, that would
read in a checkpoint file, and rebin to a coarser mesh? I can imagine
writing such a thing, but am hoping not to have to re-invent a wheel...

Thanks,
    Andy S.