[FLASH-USERS] [Fwd: Runtime Error]

Vikram Dwarkadas vikram at oddjob.uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 6 20:51:52 EST 2009

Hi,

As requested, to add more info to the below message:

This is referring to Flash 2.5. I'm running on a  Dell 64 bit quadcore
machine running Fedora 10.

And this has happened with the sedov setup, the example setup (in 2D and
3D), and one of my own setups. Basically i don't think its code
dependent, happens everytime.

thanks

vikram

HI ,

I am trying to run Flash on a 64 bit machine. Using hdf5-1.6.5 (also
tried with hdf5-1.6.8) and mpich-1.2.7, and PG compiler.

It compiles properly, and starts running fine, but then at some point
during every run it crashes with the following error:

--------------------------------
p0_20745:  p4_error: interrupt SIGSEGV: 11
Killed by signal 2.
Killed by signal 2.
Killed by signal 2.
p0_20745: (37.902344) net_send: could not write to fd=4, errno = 32

Does anyone know what this is due to. It happens everytime, but depends
on how many processors I am using, which code I am running etc.
Sometimes it happens right in the beginning, sometimes it may happen
much later, but at some point it will crash with this error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

vikram