[FLASH-USERS] compiling issue--error: too few arguments to function [WINDOWS-1252?]】5Dopen2? size=

Nathan Hearn nhearn at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 9 19:30:52 EST 2009

Hi Ken,

    I don't think this is a GCC (gcc/gfortran)-related problem, as I
usually build Flash with GCC's compilers on my own machines.  The
problem is not immediately evident to me, although there are a few
possibilities.

    First, I noticed that you have "-o2" instead of "-O2" for the
optimization level in your FFLAGS_OPT (etc.) entries in Makefile.h.
The capitalization (big-O versus little-o) is important, as "-O"
signifies an optimization level, while "-o" signifies an output file
name.  (In this case, the compiler might think that the output files
should be named "2".)  The FFLAGS_OPT, etc., entries should end with
"-o" because Flash's build system will add the output filenames after
this point, but there should be no other "-o" flags present.

    Second, you may run into problems running the Fortran compiler
directly (gfortran) rather than the MPI-aware Fortran wrapper (mpif90,
most likely).  You might want to set FCOMP and LINK in Makefile.h to
"mpif90" (or whatever is appropriate for your system).

- Nathan

--
Nathan C. Hearn
nhearn at ucar.edu

Project Scientist
Computational & Information Systems Laboratory