[FLASH-USERS] Problems running on a cluster

Ross Parkin phy1erp at leeds.ac.uk
Tue May 5 13:04:34 EDT 2009

Dear flash users,

I've been working with FLASH3.1.1a on my desktop machine and recently
have tried to begin running simulations on a 32-bit cluster which
operates using SCore. I'm a bit puzzled as the output files (both
checkpoint and plotfile) seem to be the right size, the file
permissions belong to me, and yet they cannot be opened in ViSit. In
addition to this when I try and check the file headers using h5dump I
get the error:

h5dump error: unable to open file

I suspect somebody else out there may have hit a problem like this before?

Regards,

Ross