[FLASH-USERS] Simple Question on Particles

John ZuHone jzuhone at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue May 5 17:25:52 EDT 2009

Seyit,

Your idea for a Config file to do this is on the right track. Below is
one I use to accomplish the same purpose.

You'll have to figure out how to make the initialization routines for
both types of particles play nice with each other, but otherwise the
code should be set up for this already.

Best,

John ZuHone

# Configuration file for ClusterSloshing problem.

REQUIRES Driver/DriverMain
REQUIRES Grid
REQUIRES Grid/GridParticles
REQUIRES physics/Hydro
REQUIRES physics/Eos/EosMain/Gamma
REQUIRES physics/materialProperties/Viscosity/ViscosityMain
#REQUIRES physics/sourceTerms/Diffuse/DiffuseMain

PARTICLETYPE active INITMETHOD custom MAPMETHOD weighted
REQUIRES Particles/ParticlesForces/longRange/gravity/ParticleMesh
REQUIRES Particles/ParticlesMain/active/Leapfrog
REQUESTS Particles/ParticlesMapping/meshWeighting/CIC
REQUIRES Particles/ParticlesMapping/meshWeighting/MapToMesh

REQUIRES IO
REQUIRES IO/IOParticles
REQUIRES physics/Gravity/GravityMain/Poisson/Multigrid
REQUIRES flashUtilities/interpolation/oneDim

#Give the user the opportunity to also include passive tracer particles.
#(Add withTracerParticles=True to the setup line)
#----------------------------------------------------------------
USESETUPVARS withTracerParticles

IF withTracerParticles == True

PARTICLETYPE passive INITMETHOD with_density MAPMETHOD quadratic
#NOTE: This expands to PASSIVE_PART_PROP in Flash.h, and places the
pre-processor
#definitions "LATTICE" and "QUADRATIC" (from Particles.h) in our
particles
#data structure.

REQUIRES Particles/ParticlesMain/passive
REQUESTS Particles/ParticlesInitialization/WithDensity
REQUESTS Particles/ParticlesMapping/Quadratic

PARTICLEPROP pdens      REAL
PARTICLEPROP ptemp      REAL
PARTICLEPROP pmetl      REAL
PARTICLEPROP type       REAL

PARTICLEMAP  TO ptemp  FROM VARIABLE            temp
PARTICLEMAP  TO pdens  FROM VARIABLE            dens
PARTICLEMAP  TO pmetl  FROM MASS_SCALAR         metl

PARAMETER particle_attribute_1 STRING "pdens"
PARAMETER particle_attribute_2 STRING "ptemp"
PARAMETER particle_attribute_3 STRING "pmetl"

END IF