[FLASH-USERS] VisIt with many AMR levels

Sean Couch smc at astro.as.utexas.edu
Thu May 7 12:04:05 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I am using VisIt to visualize FLASH 2.5 data with 31 levels of
refinement in 2D.  It seems this many levels is breaking VisIt (I am
using VisIt 1.11.1).  The plots are reminiscent of the 'over-lapping'
block levels problem of the past; whole sections are single-valued,
the high-level detail is absent, etc.  This plot pattern will change
if I re-open the data file or change which levels VisIt is plotting.
I have reduced the number of AMR levels in some runs and find that
VisIt can handle up to around 20, but 31 seems too much...

Has anyone used VisIt with a large number of AMR levels?  Any ideas as
to what's going on, and more importantly, how to fix it?

Cheers,
Sean

Sean M. Couch
PhD Candidate