[FLASH-USERS] problems with refinement in FLASH3.1

Tomasz Plewa tplewa at fsu.edu
Mon May 11 15:36:58 EDT 2009

Seyit, Latif, and All -

It is not advisable to place f-c (refinement) boundaries in regions of
strong gradients. If we do, things will very likely go badly.

As a rule of thumb, we would like to have a dozen of zones per scale
height implying perhaps no more than 10% jumps in critical variables
(density, pressure, velocity).

Tomek