[FLASH-USERS] problems with refinement in FLASH3.1

Tomasz Plewa tplewa at fsu.edu
Mon May 11 16:16:50 EDT 2009

Seyit and All -

Data at refinement level boundaries, as mentioned by Latif, does
necessarily come from interpolation. If variation in the solution is
substantial, interpolation may produce unphysical state.

FLASH2.5 used different interpolation module than FLASH3. I have
originally implemented monotonic interpolation for the AMRA code; the
interpolation driver has later been ported to FLASH2 and used only for
in-house applications. It seems it has been made (with some
modifications in the driver part) a default/only interpolation method
for FLASH3.

The bottom line is monotonic interpolation differs from default FLASH2.

Tomek