[FLASH-USERS] Novice FLASH3 questions

Andrew Szymkowiak andrew.szymkowiak at yale.edu
Tue May 26 14:29:21 EDT 2009

dongwook at flash.uchicago.edu wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>

> So, my guess is that you may want to apply a boundary condition
> that injects magnetic fields (or magnetic pressure) from boundaries
> and want to make sure the fields to be divergence-free. Is that right?

Dongwook,

   Thanks for the detailed reply - there were several hints in there
that are sure to have saved me hours of trying to figure out myself.
Yes, like many others, I am interested in simulating bubbles in the
intra-cluster medium being inflated by the jet of an AGN - and
am planning on having a particular configuration of magnetic fields
being injected along with the jet materials.

   I imagine that I'm likely to have quite a few more questions as I get
farther along.

Cheers,
  Andy S