[FLASH-USERS] Improving the load balancing in FLASH

Anshu Dubey dubey at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 8 09:25:04 EDT 2009

This was considered several years ago. Then Mike Zingale and Jonathan
Dursi proved that the computational savings from coarse blocks having
a coarse time step are too insignificant to be worth pursuing. This is
because the computational time in the finer blocks completely
dominates that in coarser blocks for the same area of computational
domain. I believe that study appeared in some proceedings, if you are
interested I can dig up the reference.

Anshu