[FLASH-USERS] Improving the load balancing in FLASH

Anshu Dubey dubey at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 8 10:58:25 EDT 2009

I take that back. Here is a simple example to counter my argument. n
blocks at level m, 1 block refined to level m+1. If n >> 1, subcycling
would gain almost a factor of 2.

That said, Ross you are right that there is no simple way to do
subcycling in FLASH right now. If you can quantify the loss in
computational efficiency you are seeing, and if it is likely to be
worth your while to spend some time in coding, we can spend some time
thinking about how to do it.

Anshu