[FLASH-USERS] USM MHD: 2D Cylindrical?

Samuel Friedman friedman at astro.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 12 17:20:56 EDT 2010

Dear FLASH,

I am trying to run some 2D simulations in cylindrical coordinates.  I want
to use the USM MHD solver.  The User's Guide says that is available in 2D,
which I have used previously in Cartesian coordinates.  When I tried the
USM MHD module with 2D cylindircal geometry, the code compiled
successfully.  When I went to run the code, it crashed with a
segementation fault.  I did this with both UG (fixed block size) and AMR.

Is the USM MHD code compatible with 2D cylindrical coordinates?

Sam