[FLASH-USERS] setting up a user BC

Samuel Friedman friedman at astro.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 3 17:06:03 EDT 2010

Klaus,

> Why do you need a select/case (and, I assume, a surrounding loop over
> variables) at all?  (Maybe there is a good reason, I am just curious.)
> Are you making sure to define regionData for ALL defined variables?
> (You should have a 'case default'.)

Assuming this is FLASH3, the way the code calls the user defined boundary
condition code is by calling it for each variable (dens, pres, etc.).  The
routine knows what to do based on the varaible passed to it (like
DENS_VAR).  The FLASH code by default comes with a SELECT/CASE statement
to select the correct boundary conditions for the correct variable.

And no, I also didn't see anything wrong with the code that Sylvain wrote.

Sam