[FLASH-USERS] ifort compilation problem

Chris Daley cdaley at flash.uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 12 13:16:45 EDT 2010

Hi Latif,

> Hi Sam,
> Thanks for response, I have already tried these options but does not
> help. I have also tried -mcmodel=large and -fpic, -i_dynamic.

Add -mcmodel=medium and -shared-intel flags to CFLAGS, FFLAGS and
LFLAGS in Makefile.h (see ifort man page).  You will probably need to
rebuild HDF5 with the same options too.

Alternatively, you can setup FLASH with +nofbs flag instead of +ug.
This is a more flexible uniform grid mode that allocates the core grid
data structures dynamically rather than statically.  See
http://flash.uchicago.edu/website/codesupport/secure/flash3_ug/node14.html#SECTION05152000000000000000

You should check that your machine has enough physical memory first.
Chris