[FLASH-USERS] QuickFlash Interpolation Question

Samuel Friedman friedman at astro.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 17 13:15:09 EST 2010

Dear Nathan,

I played around with the code and looked at fidlr's merge_amr routine.  A
few things I noticed:

1)  I managed to create very easily a 3D uniform grid from AMR data by
simply modifying the example routine in map_uniform.  Quite easy.
2)  fidlr's merge_amr routine calls either the IDL function congrid (in
2D) or rebin (in 3D).  In both cases, they simply use nearest neighbor
sampling.  So I think the "interpolation" should be really easy to
implement for QuickFlash.
3)  This is harder, but I tried using map_uniform on a simulation that
used a uniform grid and QuickFlash gave me an error message (about an
invalid neighbor code and that mesh information was not available).

The main reason I looked into QuickFlash is that it was pretty much the
ONLY set of tools outside of IDL avaiable for analysis.  Ultimately, I
am looking for something without IDL's licensing agreement and fidlr3.0
does not seem to work properly with GDL.

Sam