[FLASH-USERS] Error while setup

Kunal Rao kunalgrao at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 02:10:33 EDT 2010

Hi

I was trying to setup the FLASH simulation in Cygwin environment provided
with PGI Workstation on Windows HPC Server 2008.

I did the setup with the following command:

$./setup Sedov -auto +ug +noio -ostype=Linux

and got the following error:

A setup internal error has occured, if possible please email the following
debugging info to flash-bugs at flash.uchicago.edu
Arguments: ['./setup.py', 'Sedov', '-auto', '+ug', '+noio', '-ostype=Linux']
Python Version: 2.7.0
Platform Details: win32
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup.py", line 238, in <module>
    main()
  File "./setup.py", line 133, in main
    linkList.reallyLink()
  File
"c:\users\administrator\desktop\FLASH3.2_patched\FLASH3.2\bin\linkFiles.p
y", line 210, in reallyLink
    os.symlink(getRelPath(real,pwd),link)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'symlink'

Any suggestion on how to resolve it and get it on the Windows environment ?

Thanks & Regards,
Kunal