[FLASH-USERS] Missing buttons in xflash3 widget

Kunal Rao kunalgrao at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:11:25 EDT 2010

Hi

I am trying to use the fidlr3.0 tool distributed with FLASH3.2. I have
executed a sample simulation and have got the output files from that
simulation.

I have setup the fidlr tool and am able to open the xflash3 widget by :

IDL> xflash3

I then opened the plot file ( sedov_hdf5_plt_cnt_0000 ) in xflash 3 and
tried to check if I can generate the plots. But, I do not see the plot
button
in the GUI. I am referring to the FLASH 3.2 user guide. In that guide on
page 303 there is a screenshot of the main xflash3 widget that is seen after
opening the prototype file. I do not view the same complete gui as shown on
that page.

I can see only upto xrange. I am attaching a screen shot of what I see. I
tried to adjust the size of the widget, but that does not help.
Can you please let me know how should I go ahead ?

Thanks & Regards,
Kunal

P.S. I am working on Ubuntu 9.10 on a virtual machine on my laptop.