[FLASH-USERS] problem implementing bcTypes, in particular "user"

Ken Dere kdere at gmu.edu
Mon Mar 1 13:41:20 EST 2010

Hi,

I am using the usm MHD driver in Flash 3.2 for a 2D problem.

I am trying to migrate an 8wave problems to usm and am having problems
just specifying the boundary conditions.

In my 8wave problem, I used xl,xr = 'periodic' and yl, yr =
'hydrostatic-f2+nvrefl'

I wanted to use the yl, yr = 'user' or 'user-defined' but when I do, the
simulation crashes with little output (something like p0_27722:
p4_error: interrupt SIGSEGV: 11)

So, I tried 'hydrostatic-f2+nvrefl' but that seems to get implemented
in  Grid_bcApplyToRegion.  I see it coming into
Grid_bcApplyToRegionSpecialized but I can't really trap it there and
implement it.  I had hoped it would get applied in gr_applyFlash2HSEBC
but that did not happen.

I have checked the constants.h file and am sure of my spelling.

As far as I can see, there is something strange going on.  Any advice
would be appreciated.

Ken Dere

--
Kenneth P. Dere