[FLASH-USERS] problem implementing bcTypes, in particular "user"

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 8 11:47:47 EST 2010

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Ken Dere wrote:
> If I  run my problem with the standard BCs such as outflow, reflecting,
> etc it works -  well, it produces reasonable output but does not do the
> problem I am interested in.
>
> Then I set
> xl_boundary_type="user"
>
> I then ran
>
> mpirun -gdb flash3
>
> at the first stop, I type c to continue and then I get the output from
> some print statements which indicate that
>  Grid_bcApplyToRegionSpecialized was called and went through one series
> of applying the bc's to the lower boundary.

Ken,

Which Grid_bcApplyToRegionSpecialized.F90 has been compiled in?
(Do 'ls -l Grid_bcApplyToRegionSpecialized.F90' in the object directory,
this is normally the simplest way to see from which source directory
the file was taken.)

I am asking because the default Grid_bcApplyToRegionSpecialized.F90, in
directory source/Grid/, should not apply anything but return immediately.

> then an error occurred in glibc
>
> I have attached the output from this point.  The error is fatal and
> trying to continue from there is useless.

Could you type gdb command 'where' and send me the output, if it
looks useful?

Thanks