[FLASH-USERS] xflash3 and 3D spherical coordinates

Mike Zingale mzingale at scotty.ess.sunysb.edu
Thu Mar 25 15:54:46 EDT 2010

Massimo, I wrote the fidlr routines originally and wrote the
merge_polar.pro routine that samples 2-d polar data onto a Cartesian grid.
I never did 3-d spherical, so that is not coded up.  I would imagine that
it would be much easier to try using VisIt for the 3-d data.

Mike

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010,
Massimo Gaspari wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to plot with xflash3 a chk output created by
> a simulation in spherical coordinates (r, theta, phi). Does it work?
> (User's guide says that it is supported)
>
> This is the error:
> % PLOT: Data coordinate system not established.
> % Execution halted at: XPLOT3D_AMR       464
>   /home/max/Scrivania/FLASH3.2/tools/fidlr3.0/xplot3d_amr.pro
> %                      XFLASH_EVENT      967
>   /home/max/Scrivania/FLASH3.2/tools/fidlr3.0/xflash3.pro
> %                      WIDGET_PROCESS_EVENTS
> %                      $MAIN$
>
> This is 464 line:
>          plot, [xmin, xmax], [ymin, ymax], POS = plot_pos, $
>            XSTYLE = 5, YSTYLE = 5, TITLE = title
>

> Any suggestion?
> Thanks.
>
> Another question: have you tested 3D spherical coordinates with any hydro problem?
> Should I avoid them?
>
> Max

> Proteggi i tuoi segreti con internet Explorer 8
> http://www.microsoft.com/italy/windows/internet-explorer/features/stay-safer-online.aspx

Michael Zingale (mzingale at mail.astro.sunysb.edu)
Assistant Professor

Dept. of Physics and Astronomy    office: ESS 440
Stony Brook University            phone:  631-632-8225
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3800        web: http://www.astro.sunysb.edu/mzingale