[FLASH-USERS] read FLASH hdf5 with C++

Silvia@UCSC sverdoli at ucsc.edu
Tue May 4 05:14:56 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I would like to read the FLASH hdf5 with a C++ program. What I need is a
function (like the IDL loaddata.pro) able to read a single variable and put
the data onto a uniformly gridded mesh.
So far I have been able to read simple datasets like 'integer scalars',
'real scalars',.. Before I start to write my own functions to read the AMR,
reconstruct the tree structure and merge the AMR into a uniform grid, I
would like to be sure this is the way to go.

So.. did anybody deal with this problem already? or does anybody know if
what I need exists already?

Basically, what is the best way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Silvia