[FLASH-USERS] Error while running: Assertion failed ... memcpy argument memory ranges overlap

huong luu huong84a1 at gmail.com
Fri May 7 16:32:40 EDT 2010

Hi,
I am trying to run FLASH3. In my system, I have installed HDF1.6 serial. I
use the gfortran makefile and I believe that I have all the the parameters
in the Makefile correctly (I also attached the Makefile here. Can you have a
quick look at it?). I successfully created flash3 executable file.

However, when I run it, I have this error:

[luu1 at cn77 object]$ ./flash3
 RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "iProcs"...
 RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "jProcs"...
 RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "kProcs"...
 RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "order"...
 RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "slopeLimiter"...
 RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "LimitedSlopeBeta"...
 RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "charLimiting"...
 RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "RiemannSolver"...
 RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter
"shockInstabilityFix"...
 RuntimeParameters_read:  ignoring unknown parameter "shockDetect"...
 MaterialProperties initialized
 Cosmology initialized
 Source terms initialized
  iteration, no. not moved =            0           0
 refined: total leaf blocks =            1
 refined: total blocks =            1
*Assertion failed in file
../../../../../src/mpich2-1.2.1/src/mpi/coll/helper_fns.c at line 337: 0*
*memcpy argument memory ranges overlap, dst_=0x18e80880 src_=0x18e80880
len_=96*
*
*
*internal ABORT - process 0*

Have you ever encounter this error and do you have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Huong