[FLASH-USERS] Error while running: Assertion failed ... memcpy argument memory ranges overlap

Chris Daley cdaley at flash.uchicago.edu
Fri May 7 17:22:19 EDT 2010

Hi Huong,

This is a bug in Paramesh that we recently fixed in trunk.  There are
some MPI calls that have overlapping send and receive buffers.  The
overlap is detected in mpich2 versions >= 1.2.1.  I've attached the
patch we used in trunk.

Go to the top level FLASH directory and do:
patch -p0 < fix_mpi_calls.diff

Recompile your application and the assert should disappear.

Chris