[FLASH-USERS] WARNING after gc filling: min. unk(DENS_VAR)=0

Gary F Forjan gforjan at gmu.edu
Wed May 12 07:02:16 EDT 2010

Hi Klaus

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried running this on 1 processor with adaptive mesh refinement and I do get the same error.

I also get the same error condition when I change the boundary conditions to
xl = reflect
xr = reflect

When I change the boundary condition to
xl = user
xr = user,

I get the error message 'Simulation WindTunnel does not support USER_DEFINED boundary on Upper Face'.  This is implemented in the WindTunnel Grid_applyBCEdge.F90 which I adapted for use in my experiment and never changed.  Perhaps this is a clue to the problem though I don't know why it wouldn't also affect running on a uniform grid.

I have attached the my simulation setup files Grid_applyBCEdge and Simulation_initBlock.  I modified some gravity files to simulate the gravity along a loop but I don't think this would have an effect on the problem.  Please note that the Grid_applyBCEdge routine is basically the same as in the WindTunnel except that I substituted my variables.  Also attached are the logfile from a run using 1 processor and the original boundary conditions (xl = user and xr = reflect):

flashout - file with standard output
benchmark.log - logfile for the run

Hope this helps.

Gary

Dr. Gary Forjan
Department of Computational and Data Sciences
George Mason University, Fairfax, Va
gforjan at gmu.edu